When I read, I underline and mark and stick highlighter flags all over the book, and my girlfriend hates it. She is a purist and she likes her books in mint condition; I on the other hand love worn out, highlighted books. The book I am reading these days is called ‘Tools of Titans’ by Tim Ferris. It is a mammoth 650 page read and I’m barely half way through it. I am going to share some of my highlighted things from whatever I have covered of this book. It includes quotes and passages that struck a chord; so, here goes.
- “If you find yourself in a fair fight, you did not plan your mission properly.” -Colonel David Hackworth
- “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you’ll fail above everybody’s success.” – James Cameron
- Don’t overestimate the world and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.
- “It’s always the hard part that creates value.” – Seth Godin
- If you can’t generate one good idea, generate 20 bad ones. Occasionally a good idea comes to you first, if you’re lucky. Usually, it only comes after a lot of bad ideas.
- “Losers have goals, winners have systems.” – Scott Adams
- “Great men have always shown themselves as ready to obey as they afterwards proved able to command.”- Lord Mahon
- “Discipline equals freedom.”- Jocko Willink
- “The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of Non-Essentials.”-Lin Yutang
- “The first principle is that you should not fool yourself, you are the easiest person to fool.” – Richard Feynman (MUST READ: Surely you’re joking Mr’ Feynman and What do you care what other people think? By Richard Feynman)
- “Better to have and not need than to need and not have.” – Franz Kafka
These are some of the things I got out of this book. As I read on, expect more posts!